Saturday, May 2, 2009

A college girl's analysis.

I have found that I have lost touch with a passion of mine: literature. To rediscover it, I am going to start a little book club to talk about the books I read and what I get from them. I love to read about literature, but sometimes, you need a Masters in English to understand discussions. So, I figure that I will write about books in comprehensible English.

I think being a high school drop-out means that I missed out on a lot of the required readings. For example, I've never read Lord of the Flies, The Great Gatsby, Catcher in the Rye or other classics. That means I will sometimes discuss these books as I read them. I am also an avid reader of Joyce Carol Oates' short-stories, novels and essays. The name of this blog actually derived from her novel, "Black Water."

So, this is my mission for the summer.

The first book I will be discussing is "Black Girl, White Girl" by Joyce Carol Oates.

No comments:

Post a Comment